- Massive transfers of property, wealth, profits, interest and royalty payments flowed from Latin America to the US and the EU.
- Lucrative public enterprises valued at more than $350 billion dollars were privatized without constitutional niceties and ended up in the hands of multi-national corporations and banks.
- Congress, the electorate, and national auditors were ignored.
- Kleptocratic electoral regimes hailed in political circles and the mass media as the era of “Democracy and Free Markets”.
- The US/EU MNCs and Banks’ unmitigated plunder between 1975 and 2005 was worth over $950 billion dollars.
- Plunder without development inevitably led to a general socio-economic crisis and near collapse of the imperial-centered model of capitalist accumulation
- Beginning in the early 1990’s massive extra-parliamentary socio-political movements emerged throughout most of Latin America and were accompanied by large-scale popular uprisings,
- deposing ten incumbent neo-liberal client “Presidents” of the US/EU:
This is the same "democracy and freedom" that the Neoconservatives and the Bush cabel have planned for Iraq.
Read here for the rest of the story
neoliberalism Hugo Chavez Evo Morales