Regarding what “our troops” are fighting for, it comes out to a lot more than nothing, just nothing good.
- They are making politicians, bureaucrats, and their military-industrial complex cronies rich.
- They are expanding the U.S. global hegemony
- as well as the Israeli middle-eastern hegemony.
- They are securing strategic territory for bases and (potentially) diminishing strategic resources.
- Also, endeavoring toward a colossal project that no individual or group of individuals could ever hope to achieve through voluntary means; namely, high-industrial age mechanized state warfare.
Thankfully, as 4GW theory convincingly shows, this being the information age, the institution of the state can’t even successfully fulfill its original purpose for existence; the perpetration of mass warfare.