Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Is Socialism Relevant Today?

Capitalist barbarism exists still, socialism is relevant!

Just look around the world and you see capitalism is in crisis. We’re faced with wars, environmental disasters, the squalor of poverty, unemployment, homelessness, and exploitation.
  • US imperialism is even more aggressive and arrogant, they’re open about their preemptive strike doctrine.
  • In Iraq, they’re contemplating staying 12 more years, sending more troops, and the imperialists are threatening other countries.
  • They want to keep their nuclear monopoly, and consider using it, and are utterly hypocritical in attacking the nuclear programs of Third World countries. This year is the 60th anniversary of the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, “The worst terrorist attack in history.”
  • In Palestine, real apartheid is being consolidated, ethnic cleansing with the full backing of imperialism.
  • Global warming is a fact, climatic extremes and melting icecaps.
  • Genetically modified crops are being forced on us, Monsato aiming to monopolise the seeds of the planet for its profits, with monstrous consequences.
  • The US invades and occupies countries on the other side of the world, but can’t rescue, or care for, its own citizens in New Orleans after such a huge natural disaster (They’re poor and Black!)
  • The gap is widening between rich and poor, between countries, and within countries.
  • In the richest country in the world, the USA, the wealthiest 1 percent has more assets than the poorest 90 per cent of Americans combined.
  • 80 per cent of the world’s domestic product belongs to 1 billion people living in the developed world, while the remaining 20 percent is shared by 5 billion people living in developing countries.
  • Africa is a disaster area.
  • Yet you see the obscene wealth, the luxury for a few, with millionaires living in their gated suburbs, and venturing out in luxury cruise liners to gawk at the poor of the world.
  • Read the statistics in their own financial papers, and do the sums: the share to wages is falling, the share to profits is rising, and goes to the few.

No comments: