from Scott Horton interviews Mark Ames
MA: The delusionalism in America is so insane you don't even know where to begin. The idea that we already won Iraq and the question is where do we go from here. I don't even know how you argue against that.
SH: Oh, I do, you want to know? First of all,
- The Maliki government will not hire the Sons of Iraq, period.
- The Maliki government feels they are so strong they dont need us anymore they only need the Iranians to back their Badr Corps and they are kicking our asses out.
- Kurdistan is described by the experts, particularly Kirkuk as a pile of matches ready to burst into flames with all kinds of ethnic cleansing and violence and winner take all fighting over the oil
- The Iranian parties have taken over everything from Baghdad to Basra and are keeping it
- We are just waiting for the civil war to start again. Just waiting for the Sons of Iraq and the Badr Corp to go back to war
- The Mahdi Army can be summoned back to battle with the stap of a finger