1. Warren supported California’s Proposition 8 banning gay marriage.
2. He opposes abortion, terming it an “American holocaust.”
3. He opposes stem cell research.
4. Warren agreed with FOXNews’ Sean Hannity, who advocated “taking out” Iran’s president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.
OBAMA CAMPAIGN TALKING POINTS
clipped from: www.huffingtonpost.com
- Pastor Rick Warren has a long history of activism on behalf of the disadvantaged and the downtrodden. He's devoted his life to performing good works for the poor and leads the evangelical movement in addressing the global HIV/AIDS crisis
- But what's important is that they agree on many issues vital to the pursuit of social justice, including poverty relief and moving toward a sustainable planet; and they share a commitment to renewing America's promise by expanding opportunity at home and restoring our moral leadership abroad.
- the President-elect is committed to bringing together all sides of the faith discussion in search of common ground. That's the only way we'll be able to unite this country with the resolve and common purpose necessary to solve the challenges we face.