- The Supreme Court hijacking the 2000 presidential election
- Bush knew of 9/11 long before it actually happened
- Iraq was all premised on lies, yet we're still there.
- The Global War on Terror
- The fact that 2/3 of all economic growth went to top 1%.
- The Neo-Feudalization of the American economy
- The surrender of civil liberties.
- The failure of "the free market" to sustain prosperity.
- The collapse of the media.
- The meaninglessness of elections.
Historians will look back on the Naughts as the time when Americans Lost Their Country. It was the decade when all the institutions that they believed would protect them — the media, the courts, Congress, the market, a messianic new president — in fact betrayed them. It will forever more be a different country.
But not just yet. Did I tell you about the big move to locally-grown produce?