- He has got the Middle East seriously wrong, and
- his message is ultimately deterministic and demoralizing.
- It only encourages self-righeous, complacent fatalism if everything is determined by structural forces that we are powerless to change.
- On Israel-Palestine he opposes BDS (the most effective tactic),
- the One-State solution (the most effective strategy), and thinks
- UNGAR 194 is no longer relevant so Palestinians should forego the Right of Return Worst of all his persistent denial of the significance of the lobby.
- I also wasn’t impressed by the fact that while for the past 4 years he has been denying that the lobby had anything to do with US belligerence against Iran, now that the war didn’t happen, he is admitting that the lobby indeed pushed for it, but uses that as an example of its powerlessness.