- Even though the institution of slavery gave way, the Domination System remained unmoved;
the forces of racism remained alive and well in the economic, political, and social organs of the body politic. These nefarious forces have been recreated in various new forms each time an older one is overcome.
- When slavery was abolished, sharecropping was born.
- When slave masters disappeared, the Ku Klux Klan and other terror groups were formed.
- When plantations were abandoned, ghettos materialized.
- When slave laws were dismissed, Jim Crow and Black Codes appeared.