The Clique that Sold Us the Iraq WarAlmost the entire Iraq-war clique, advocated the war from 1998 on. 9/11 was only a convenient pretext. Amazingly almost all were members of just two organizations: IASPS and PNAC. Both were neoconservative, and there were many links between the two.
IASPS: Institute for Advanced Strategic & Political Studies
- "A Jerusalem-based think tank with an office in Washington, D.C."
- Began promoting the Iraq war in 1996 by lobbying the Israeli government.
- Richard Perle (later Rumsfeld's Chairman of Defense Policy Board, delivered "Clean Break" report to Israeli Prime Minister.
- Current views (2010): Obama is the first American president who is a dictator. We should not be surprised if he proves to be the last president.
David : Middle East advisor to Vice President Cheney
Douglas : Undersecretary of Defense for Policy until 2005.
Richard : First Chairman of Rumsfeld's Defense Policy Board.
Charles : Former assistant to and college friend of Wolfowitz.
PNAC: Project for New American Century
- The main neocon lobby, it focused first on invading Iraq.
- Founded 1997, by William Kristol & Robert Kagan.
- First action: open letter to Clinton advocating Iraq war.
Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, Feith, Bolton, Libby, Abrams, Wurmser, Perle.