Only mega-successful levitation would force the Pentagon to get rid of its must-list of four "enduring bases" (whatever the costs) in Iraq:
- al-Asad Air Base in Anbar province;
- sprawling Balad Air Base, with attached Camp Anaconda in the Sunni belt;
- Tallil Air Base in the south; and
- Camp Qayyaragh near Irbil, Kurdistan.
And we're not even talking of the three Baghdad bases -
- Camp Victory (adjacent to Baghdad, formerly Saddam Hussein International Airport);
- Camp Taji (25 kilometers north); and of course
- the 10-square-kilometer, hit-every-day-by-mortars Green Zone, which is a base in itself containing the Vatican-sized, 40-hectare, biggest embassy in the world.