(Adam Gadahn,"Azzam The American", is the first American charged with treason since 1952)
"Azzam The American" freeze frames Bin Laden and puts words in his mouth.
from: Booman Tribune
the video freezes at about 1 minute and 58 seconds, and motion only resumes again at 12:30. The video then freezes again at 14:02 remains frozen until the end. All references to current events, such as the 62nd anniversary of the U.S. atomic bombing of Japan, and Sarkozy and Brown being the leaders of France and the UK, respectively, occur when the video is frozen! The words spoken when the video is in motion contain no references to contemporary events and could have been (and likely were) made before the U.S. invasion of Iraq.
"Azzam The American" identifies and targets a new enemy
from: Pepe Escobar
Al-Qaeda for its part, with or without a fake, recycled video-only bin Laden, will keep enjoying the fruits of its brand recognition.
Much more than the Middle East, al-Qaeda's special target audience is western Europe, where a legion of "white Moors" - second-generation, radicalized, born-again Muslims - eagerly accepts its new politico-religious anti-imperial message. The best antidote to this expansion would be the dawn of real representative governments in Egypt, Jordan, Syria and the Persian Gulf petro-monarchies. It won't happen - at least not in the near future.
American spy chiefs quickly name Bin Laden's replacement and the replacement quickly identifies the new enemy
from: US loner helps bin Laden to taunt Bush
Tim Shipman in Washington, Sunday Telegraph
American spy chiefs were quick to name Adam Gadahn, the head of al-Qaeda's English language media operations, as the author of large sections of bin Laden's broadcast.
A Californian heavy metal fan, who converted to Islam and became the first American to be charged with treason in half a century, has been fingered as the author of Osama bin Laden's latest video lecture - which left the terror chief sounding like an anti-globalisation protester.
a bizarre rant against America, with references to global warming, "insane taxes", the US mortgage market meltdown and rising interest rates.
What surprised analysts was his use of the language of Left-wing protesters, which showed detailed knowledge of the economic travails of middle America.
Bin Laden referred to "the reeling of many of you under the burden of interest-related debts, insane taxes and real estate mortgage" and blamed "global warming and its woes" on "emissions of the factories the major corporations".
from: KEY QUOTES FROM THE BIN LADEN TRANSCRIPT
EXPANDING THE DEFINITION OF THE ENEMY: HOW TO GO FROM BIN LADEN TO CHAVEZ
- And among the most capable of those from your own side who speak to you on this topic and on the manufacturing of public opinion is Noam Chomsky, who spoke sober words of advice prior to the war,
- to warn against waging the war and describe its true nature in eloquent terms like "no to spilling red blood for black oil,"
- And since the democratic system permits major corporations to back candidates, ... there shouldn't be any cause for astonishment - and there isn't any- in the Democrats' failure to stop the war.
- It has now become clear to you and the entire world the impotence of the democratic system and how it plays with the interests of the peoples and their blood by sacrificing soldiers and populations to achieve the interests of the major corporations...they are the real tyrannical terrorists.
- mankind is in danger because of the global warming ... from the emissions of the factories of the major corporations, ... the White House insists on not observing the Kyoto accord,
- the world is being dominated by the democratic system, which confirms its massive failure to protect humans and their interests from the greed and avarice of the major corporations and their representatives.
- brazen attack on the people, ... Bush, Blair, Sarkozy and Brown- still talk about freedom and human rights with a flagrant disregard for the intellects of human beings. ... you should liberate yourselves from the deception, shackles and attrition of the capitalist system.
- The capitalist system seeks to turn the entire world into a fiefdom of the major corporations under the label of “globalization” in order to protect democracy.
- and the reeling of many of you under the burden of interest-related debts, insane taxes and real estate mortgages; global warming and its woes; ... all of this is but one side of the grim face of this global system.
- So it is imperative that you free yourselves ... and search for an alternative, ... in which it is not the business of any class of humanity to lay down its own laws to its own advantage at the expense of the other classes as is the case with you, since the essence of man-made positive laws is that they serve the interests of those with the capital and thus make the rich richer and the poor poorer.