Some of the politics behind the naming of the present Satan, the future Satan, their spawn and other categories of evil.
An article like this doesn't come along very often. The gear of history jumps a cog and is served up without the usual glass of kool-aid.
1. Rice and Gates left Moscow over the weekend launching an unusually open, harsh and coordinated attack against Putin coupled with various categories of threat including the overthrow of his government through the "color revolution" method which in this case utilizes “human rights activists” generally funded, organized and managed by organizations like National Endowment for Democracy (NED), the George Soros Open Society Institute, Freedom House and Gene Sharp's Albert Einstein Institution, a US intelligence asset used to spark "non-violent" regime change around the world on behalf of the US strategic agenda.
What the rest of the world hears
Poland and Czech based US missile defense systems is the *published* bone of contention (the US claims these "treaty busting" systems are needed to protect the "heart of Europe" from Iran (sic), while Russians believe their ultimate purpose is to take down the Russian pipeline monopoly - at least.)
2. Putin responds that he is traveling to Iran to attend the Caspian Sea summit. He will be the first Russian leader to travel to Iran since Josef Stalin in 1943.
As if to emphasize how extraordinary and threatening this is and adding real sizzle to the story, mysterious and "unknown" people from the shadows launch...
3. ...a disinformation campaign advising Putin that there are assassination plots waiting for him in Tehran.
Generally described here, and more explicitly here
4. Putin and Ahmadinejad scoff and respond that they will not be deterred by disinformation campaigns.
From *Tehran* Putin and Summit participants (Russia, Iran, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan and Azerbaijan) warn...
1. ...the U.S. not to use Azerbaijan (home of the West's BTC pipeline and a former Soviet republic) to stage an attack on Iran.
2. ...and that, countries bordering the Caspian Sea must jointly back any oil pipeline projects in the region. Moscow has strong opposition to U.S.-backed efforts to build pipelines to deliver hydrocarbons to the West, bypassing Russia.
3. ...and while Putin refused to set a date for the start-up of Iran's first nuclear power plant, (already mostly) completed by Russia, he did say, "We are not going to renounce our obligations."
Enrons in the future
US oil companies have huge investments in the Caspian but have to ship their product through the Russian pipeline system. The western owned BTC pipeline alleviates the problem somewhat. Iran is the quickest, easiest and cheapest pipeline exit from the Caspian Sea. Immediately prior to the "Global War on Terror", Enron went bankrupt trying to get Turkmenistan gas by pipeline through Afghanistan bypassing Iran to supply its $3 billion Dabhol Power Plant in India - built by Bechtel, powered by GE turbines - unpaid for - and currently rusting away in Dabhol.
Meanwhile, don't forget the 'NATO of the East' - Shanghai Cooperation Organization
Or this guy,
And, of course, this kind of stuff goes on day in and day out.
And finally, in my search for information surrounding this turn of events I found this.
If you ever want to build a "conspiracy theory" of history, this website is an excellent model - just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they are not really after you.
From left: Azerbaijan's President Ilham Aliyev, Kazakhstan's President Nursultan Nazarbayev, Russian President Vladimir Putin, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and Turkmenistan's President Gurbanguli Berdymukhamedov walk during the Caspian Sea leaders summit in Tehran, Iran, Tuesday, Oct. 16, 2007. (AP Photo/RIA Novosti, Mikhail Klimentyev, Presidential Press Service)