clipped from: naxaliterage.com
HUJI (Harkat-ul-Jihad-al-Islami)/SIMI (Students Islamic Movement of India) group or offshoots have launched a campaign of attacks across high profile targets in Mumbai.
Rather than serial bombings, the outfits have opted for explosions at a gas station, the docks, primary railyway hub, Cafe Leopold, coupled with armed assaults of the the elite Oberoi Hotel and Taj Mahal Hotel, as well as perhaps the Ramada Inn and Cama Hospital.
It’s a full scale assault, hit and run, drive by shootings, etc
Deccan Mujahideen has taken responsibility. It is a front for the Indian Mujahideen, which is deeply connected with SIMI and HUJI - the search for the social systempunkt has reached yet another major data point.
- As discussed at this site in some depth, is the primary contribution of the Naxals. Additionally, large amounts of RDX are regularly stolen from mines in Naxal infested areas
- It seems the lessons learned by the Naxals are in fact being adopted by other insurgencies operating in the country.
- highly trained, heavily indocrinated
- focal points for terror training since the 1980’s - Afghanistan, then Kashmir, then Afghanistan, then Iraq, then Pakistan.
Strategic innovation. International.
- Direct linkages with Pakistan are designed to apply international pressure which are unlikely to be met
- driving up recruitment and funding for these militant organizations.
Strategic innovation. Domestic.
- Classic social systempunkt. Planned just before major national elections with the obvious intent being a move to the right, which increases the chances for government overreach, causing further alienation and a higher propensity for sectarian conflict/riots.