Friday, May 21, 2010

IS NOAM CHOMSKY AN INTELLIGENCE ASSET



For example, a significant part of the domestic left and an even greater part of the international left think that Noam Chomsky is a Mossad or a CIA asset. This is because there are, in fact, many contradictions in Noam Chomsky's positions. Jeffrey Blankfort is perhaps the best of the domestic Chomsky contradiction reporters which provides the fodder for the "conspiracy mongers"

Here is the very latest "conspiracy theory", so it is hot off the press. Read this and tell me, is Chomsky a Mossad/CIA asset or no.

It starts with Ali Abunimah.

Abunimah is not well known in the US (except the campuses), certainly not in the US corporate controlled media apparatus, but he is a major and well known figure internationally. He is the founder of Electronic Intifada. Now, Ali Abunimah is the real deal. He is well respected. He is one of three young, media savvy, successful Palestinian activists see here, here, here. He cannot be, nor is he, dismissed out of hand.



In Ali Abunimah's latest blog post, he says,

I have a great deal of admiration and respect for Noam Chomsky, one of the foremost intellectuals of our time, whose work opened my eyes on a great many issues. But like many others, I have been increasingly baffled by the many inconsistencies in his views on Palestine...

"In his
17 May interview on Democracy Now he told Amy Goodman that his planned itinerary included a meeting with Salam Fayyad, the unelected US- and Israeli-backed "prime minister" of the Ramallah Palestinian Authority imposed after the US helped overthrow the Hamas-led 'national unity government' that came after the 2006 election. Chomsky told Goodman:

I was going to meet with the Prime Minister [Fayyad]. Unfortunately, I couldnt. But his office called me here in Amman this morning, and we had a long discussion.

He is pursuing policies, which, in my view, are quite sensible, policies of essentially developing facts on the ground. Its almost - I think its probably a conscious imitation of the early Zionist policies, establishing facts on the ground and hoping that the political forms that follow will be determined by them. And the policies sound to me like sensible and sound ones. The question, of course, is whether - the extent to which Israel and the United States, which is a determining factor - the extent to which they'll permit them to be implemented. But if implemented, and if, of course, Israel and the United States would terminate their systematic effort to separate Gaza from the West Bank, which is quite illegal, if that continues, yes, it could turn into a viable Palestinian state.

Really? Chomsky the great critic of US efforts to undermine democracy and impose its clients around the world is now effusively endorsing what is in effect a US-backed puppet regime?"...

Now for the conspiracy theory. Is the corporate controlled media in the US crafting Salam Fayyad as the new 'reasonable guy', the 'guy we can talk to', years of collaboration having worn out the old 'reasonable guy', Mahmoud Abbas.

Is Noam's endorsement of the new collaborator exactly what we'd expect from a Mossad/CIA asset who is working for those looking for the new guy to sell out the Palestinians. Was the action of Noam Chomsky being turned away at the Allenby Bridge in Amman, Jordan simply a CIA/Mossad operation? Another term used is left wing gatekeeper, and here, and here.

Hmm. I don't know. It's all quite plausible. Seriously, it is.

Maybe, instead, Noam Chomsky is Moses at the Jordan River (see the symmetry? Allenby Bridge, etc., quite clever, if I do say so myself).

Maybe Noam is saying:

Well, I don't know what will happen now. We've got some difficult days ahead. But it doesn't matter with me now. Because I've been to the mountaintop. And I don't mind. Like anybody, I would like to live a long life. Longevity has its place. But I'm not concerned about that now. I just want to do God's will. And He's allowed me to go up to the mountain. And I've looked over. And I've seen the promised land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people, will get to the promised land. And I'm happy, tonight. I'm not worried about anything. I'm not fearing any man. Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord.

Maybe that's the conspiracy.

No comments: